This week I’ve been trying to get to my horribly kept desk and while being tasky something popped out at me…a button game I was going to make for J2. If you are a regular reader then you know that J2 really loves buttons. Hmmm I thought…what could we do with buttons this week? Why Corduroy of course!
Here is a list of button adventures we will have with Corduroy this week:
- talk about friends
- talk about homes and habitats
- add animals we meet to the classification board
- talk about action in the book’s pictures (sewing, running, etc.)
- count beds and lamps in the store
- count buttons
- lace the big, laminated buttons
- find the button game
- eat Teddy grahams for a snack
- play toy store (J2 really loves the cash register)
- Sing Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear song with actions
Here is the list of button play for our button box:
- Count buttons
- sort them by color or size
- line them up from big to little or vice versa
- group by 2s, 3s, 4s (or whatever he is up for)
- pick out a favorite
- make a button collage
Look for updates on our button and bear fun this week. I’ll be sure to post pictures of our fun and of the button game.
He is definitely enjoying reading the book and has had many comments about the clown.