We are still dabbling in our Nim’s Island unit…interruptions like camping trips and summer have slowed us down. We aren’t giving up however, and things will be picking up very soon. Very soon. Because yesterday was the first day of official, real deal school around here. Pipe down out there concerned friends and family…the kids have been on summer routine since the first week of June and if we want to keep any semblance of our favorite form of the school calendar, then we need to get going. Yes, it’s still summer but we are all about the fun this time of year and we start the year with the perfect summer unit. Oceans.
Night of the Moonjellies is our favorite Five in a Row book of all time. We row it every year as we work through the Oceans Study from Amanda Bennett. This year we are studying Nim’s Island while we explore more about oceans and do our favorite visit with Night of the Moonjellies.
- Beach Fun at No Time for Flash Cards
- Ocean Wonders at Pink and Green Mama – I gathered up the sea animals and will fill a workbox with blue buttons for J4
- painting our Nim salt dough maps
- weather station and weather recording- post on the way soon (just working out the details on that draft)
- plankton and food chains
- Nim’s Island at Homeschool Share- using bits and pieces from there
There is so much more, but I will save those for future posts on our study of Nim’s Island and Oceanography.by