I have some exciting blog news! Blog, She Wrote is getting a new theme with a new look! Rather than taking the site down for maintenance, I’m going to keep it open for reading but you may find things a little out of place along the way. I’m sticking with my colors, but you may not see them at first until I get it customized.
Features of the New Theme
I’ve been using a “free” WordPress theme for years and it felt like the time was right to try and do some more customization. However, my blogging expertise lies in creating content- not so much in the designing. I’m looking forward to some new features.
- Visually Appealing– I’ve been looking for a way to show off more content at one time when new visitors come and read. This theme does a great job at that.
- Simple– Last summer I spent a lot of time taking the clutter off the blog and I hope that has been noticeable! The new theme minimizes clutter.
- Growth Oriented– This theme will allow me to add features in the future without such big changes. Pretty exciting!
What Changes Can You Expect?
The new theme gives me a chance to simplify again and to change some things around. What will you see?
- Featured Content– There will be space for featuring something special which is great if you’ve missed something along the way.
- More Featured Content– Which will change and make it easy to see first thing.
- New Menus– Ok, I’ll be honest, this is probably one of my favorite details of the new look! I get to have two menu areas and I’ve reorganized and prioritized my content so things will be much easier to find and they will be up to date!
- New Services– I am available to speak to homeschoolers and MOPS groups and have lots of experience with both. Homeschooling consulting is another of my offerings.
- Easier Navigation– Things will be easier to find!
- Subscriber Freebie– For new subscribers and for those of you who already subscribe (thank you!). This is a first ever for me. It’s going to be fun!
So, What’s with the Dust?
Ideally, I’d take the site down and wave a magic wand and voila! New look revealed, no hitches involved!
However, I’m doing most of the work myself and as I mentioned before, I’m more content oriented than design oriented. I’m ready to go, having practiced on a test blog, but going live right here is a little more daunting. I hope to have everything finished in just a couple of days.
** Well…I’m still working out some of the bugs on this theme move. As of 1-20-15, the colors are in place and the last thing is to get my pages working again. **
Please be patient and thanks so much for reading!by