This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support.
Chalk pastel art from Tricia and Nana at Southern Hodgepodge is on sale for 50% off! The half off sale is live now through midnight on April 15, 2015. If you’ve been thinking of investing in this art program for all ages, now is the time!
Chalk Pastels Themes for Year Round Art
There are Chalk Pastel ebooks for every season of the year. It’s one of our favorite things to pull out to start a new season and the art never disappoints.
Quick Ways to Incorporate Chalk Pastel Art
Sometimes we forget how easy it is to include art in our school days. Chalk pastels are such an easy medium and you don’t need a lot of supplies. Here are a few ideas on how we use them.
- After a Nature Walk- You could even stop and paint during the walk if you are adventuresome.
- Spring school Moment – Head outdoors and enjoy some art in the warm sun.
- Seasonal Art Fun- There’s an ebook for every holiday theme and time of year and these projects are easy go to successes.
- Vacations- They are easy to travel with and easy to pull out and use. You can choose seasonal theme to match or go with location related ebooks.
- Supplement lessons- We used the Shark Week pastel project as part of our Geography Quest- Shark Edition.
Chalk Pastel Fun at Blog, She Wrote
We’ve been using chalk pastel ebooks for years!
- Celebrate Spring with Hodgepodge Art- Everyone enjoyed this spring project and Rebecca tried the acrylic tree project with stunning results.
- Geography Quest Shark Edition- A special shark pastel included with the adventure
- Summer Vacation Fun with Chalk Pastels- We take them along just about anywhere!
- Pond Study Chalk Pastel Marsh- Inspired by one of the first chalk projects, we enjoyed this assignment on a camping trip
- Wildflower Blooms: Art & Nature- Projects and chalk art with wildflowers
The half off sale on all the Chalk Pastel Art from Hodgepodge is going on now through midnight on Tuesday, April 15, 2015.by