This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Welcome to 100 Sewing & Handicraft Projects for Homeschoolers! You’ll find ideas and resources for doing beginner to intermediate and advanced sewing and craft projects. There are specific projects linked as well as general resources from Blog, She Wrote at the end.
I keep a lot of ideas for crochet projects on hand for my daughter who loves to crochet. Enjoy a few below.
- Crochet Flower Bookmark- Cute crochet flower pattern which gets attached to a large paperclip.
- Cherry Crochet Potholders- Fun set of cherry embellished potholders
- Crocheted Hat Ideas- Check out these variations on the basic hat
- Hats for Men Patterns- Great patterns for men’s hats!
- Cupcake Garland- sweet decoration
- Minecraft Creeper- Need I say more if you have a fan?
- Sunflower Earrings- Sweet idea
- Crochet Snowflake- I need one for each window!
- Cell Phone Cover
- Stars & Stripes Bunting or Coasters
- Cotton Candy Cap
- Chain Necklace Tutorial
- Chocolate Cupcake with Frosting Hat
- Crochet Hook Case
This is a set of project using both traditional needles and loom knitting.
- Free Loom Knitting Patterns- Fun patterns for loom knitters
- Socks- Perfect for first time sock makers
- Treasure Pouch- Love this little draw string bag
- Knifty Knitter Sock Patterns
- Apple Pin Cushion
- Striped Hat Tutorial
- Striped Mittens
- Cable Knit Hand Warmers
- Fair Isle Fingerless Mitts- For the beginner fair isle knitter
- Kindle cover
- 5 Project for Newbies
- Knitting in the Round Tutorial- My daughter recently started this and loves it
- Boot Cuffs- You can find a million patterns for these online
- Cowels- Knit & crochet cowels in super cute designs
These are links to tutorials on how to make your sewing skills better.
- Ric Rac Tutorials- Details on how to use ric rac for a vintage look to your piece
- How to Sew a Circular Ruffle
- How to Sew Box Corners- Fun for making square bottomed bags
- Sewing a Gusset into a Bag- Love a bag with a gusset!
- Sewing with Bias Tape- You can use bias tape for lots of edging projects
- Hand Sewn Patches- For kids’ jeans
- Refashioning Tshirt Sleeves- To make them less boxy and more feminine
- Sewing Narrow & Rolled Hems with a Serger- All about making a hem if you have a serger
- Sewing a Blind Hem
- How to Reverse Applique- Instead of placing the shape on top, you apply it on the underside of an opening shape in the fabric.
- Customized Laptop Bag- Could resize for tablets too
- Upcycled Skirt from Jeans- Use this tutorial for any design skirt you’d like
Sewing Camp Projects
These are projects I chose to save for working with tween and teen girls during our sewing camp times. Feel free to use these just for fun!
- Fabric Headband- Cute hair accessory
- Ruffled Keychain Fob- Make your own wristlet
- Double Sided Infinity Scarf
- Apron Tutorial- With the materials given in a jar
- Bleach Dyed Shirt- Sweet design with a bleach pen
- Chapstick Cozy- A 20 minute project for friends
- Felt Envelopes- Fun note carriers
- Tshirt Headbands- What girl doesn’t need these?
- Ruffled Scarf- Fun design and great practice
- Reverse Applique Skirt- Knit skirt with hand stitched designs
- Upcycled Tshirts to Skirt- I adore this one. I have one in the works now!
- Fat Quarter Wrap Skirt- Really cute design using fat quarter fabric
- Recycled Jeans Bag- Fun dimensions for a refashion
- Messenger Bag Tutorial
- Cardigan Upcycles- 7 designs for making cardigans fun
- Kindle Covers- Who doesn’t want a cover for their favorite reading tablet?
- Pencil Case- Great way to learn to sew a zipper
- Fabric Gift Pouch- Give a gift in a package just as fun as the gift itself
- Fat Quarter Tote- Fun bag made with fat quarters
- Weaved Coasters- Using a cardboard loom and multiple types of yarn
- Fabric Weaving- Lovely large weaving project
- Ribbon Bookmark- The kind that hugs the page
- Fabric Bleach Art- I love the materials they use and the designs they make
- Cloth Bracelet
- Library Bag- A cute bag with books and library label
- Studio Box Tutorial- Make a supply box for art projects
- Candy Wrapper Pouches- Fun tutorial for zippered pouches
- Elmer’s Glue Batiks- Love to make batik with a wax resist and this is a simpler version
- Sachets- Classic beginner sewing project
- Blue Jean Journals- Funky little journal cover made from old jeans
- Homemade Hand Warmers
- Yarn Christmas Star
- Rainbow Pom Pom- Fun pom tutorial
- Yarn Wreath
Nature Inspired Handicrafts
We love natural crafts at our house. Items made with natural materials always bring a smile to my face.
- Primitive Owl- Love this nature inspired design
- Rustic Twig Frame- We love to frame art with natural items
- Wreaths of the Season- Lovely season wreaths made with natural materials
- Birch Ornaments- With an initial
- Wildflower Crown- A rite of girlhood!
Whether you are looking for holiday items for Christmas, Easter or anything in between. You’ll find all sorts of manners of projects here.
- Mini Cranberry Wreath Place Cards- Sweet place setting cards for Thanksgiving or Christmas
- 4th of July Twig Ornaments- Painted stick stars
- Easter Egg Collage- Paper crafting for Easter
- Quilted Ornaments
- Scrap Ribbon Tree Ornaments
- Valentine Willow Wreath
- Christmas Burlap Gift Bags
- Burlap Bunnies
- Salt Dough Eggs- Or any salt dough shape
- Felt Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Rag Wreath & Ornament
- Crochet Easter Egg Treat Bag
Resources for Projects from Blog, She Wrote
The Ultimate Guide to Teaching Sewing in Your Homeschool- A page full of all the posts, links, and resources you need to get started with sewing at home. Whether or not you sew! There’s even a section on how to incorporate sewing into your homeschool.
Sewing Adventure Box- An activity box and materials for the sewing enthusiast in your life. You’ll find more project resources here and websites that serve has wonderful idea places.
Adventures with Yarn- A great list with project fun of all the things you can do with yarn. This is especially nice for beginners and does not cost a lot!
The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas- I wrote a chapter in this book on getting started with sewing and how to mentor a beginner so they thrive.
Yarn Fun Pinterest Board- This is one of my most popular boards and I add to it regularly. Many of the ideas for this list came from here.
Owl Pinterest Board- All things owls here. I adore owls and by the numbers of projects out there- so do others!
Historical Fashion Pinterest Board- This is the place where I set aside ideas for my daughter’s fashion history work.
The iHN is hosting a giant 100 Things Link Up. Visit other posts to see what other bloggers are sharing. Also visit 100 Books You Should Read before You Turn 20 & 100 Family Games for Kids of All Ages both here at Blog, She Wrote.