I received the app in exchange for this review and I was compensated for my time in writing it. All the opinions are my own and I was not required to give a positive review.
Much like with print material, sometimes I like to surprise my kids with a new app or book on their Kindles. Since the Kindles are all on one account, I can purchase something new and sort of “leave it out” for them to find. Rather than finding a new book on the coffee table, my kids happen upon a new item in their Kindle cloud. This time it was Percent Bingo and my ten year old found it. Totally unprompted, and without having learned a lot about decimals and percents, he walked into the room playing it one afternoon and announced:
This is a fun way to learn percents! – Joshua, 10
Enjoy a look at how you can Build Fluency & Number Sense with Percent Bingo an app which helps kids to convert fractions, decimals, and percents.
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents with Percent Bingo
Percent Bingo is a new app from Fluency Games. The game is designed to help build fluency with fractions, decimals, and percents in a fun game of Bingo. There are two grid sizes for kids to choose from and players will have to choose the decimal or fraction to match the percent on the bingo board.
What else can you expect?
- The Bingo numbers are given as fractions or decimals.
- The answers on the Bingo Board are in percents.
- Players match the fraction or decimal to the percent on the board.
- The game play is timed and is noted at the end of the game.
- Hints are provided with a context based system.
- There are achievements and speed settings.
- Students can achieve 8 levels of mastery
Different platform apps are available so no matter which portable device you are using, Percent Bingo is available. I’ve played on my Android phone and my kids have been playing on their Kindles. Of course!
Access Percent Bingo for Free!
Right now Percent Bingo is available for free through these links:
Benefits of Using Percent Bingo
This app was a breeze to get started with and it’ll have your students remembering the conversions from fraction to decimal to percent and back again in no time. Here are some of the reasons to try it out:
- Easy to Learn– It’s not a complicated app and the only real learning curve is the actual content.
- Builds Fluency– The purpose is for kids to easily convert fractions to decimals and percents and the opposite. The faster they can do it, the more they will own the concept.
- Use on the Go– This is a great educational tool to have on hand in the car, at appointments, in waiting rooms or anytime you are doing school away from home. The app is available for iOS, Android, and Amazon Kindles. So, whatever portable device you have will work.
- An App for the Intermediate Student– There are so many apps for younger children and this one is great for late elementary and early middle school when fractions, decimals, and percents enter the game.
- Grows with Your Student– The app has adaptive play which means as your kids get better at the conversions, the game gets more difficult. That way, they learn even more!
- Records Your Progress– At the end of the playing time, the app will show a profile report with scores and times.
Fluency Game Giveaway
Fluency Games has other games to target math fluency. Enter to win a redeem code for the iOS version of Addition Blocks & Multiplication Blocks. Both of these apps are also designed to increase fluency of math facts. The giveaway is for one winner and will run through Friday, April 8, 2016 11:59 EDT.
Connect with Fluency Games
Fluency Games has other games you may be interested in. You can find them here:
- Website Fluency Games
- Blog on Building Math Fluency
- YouTube– Check out videos on game play
Percent Bingo is a fun tool to pack in your math practice toolbox. Pick it up while it’s still free!by