This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
It’s almost time! Next week on November 4, 2015 at 4pm EST, I will be teaching a master class at the Read Aloud Revival membership site. The class is called How to Engage Your Teens with Books and it’s all about getting your teens reading and having discussions with them.
Topics for Engaging Teens with Books
What can you expect from the class time on working with teens and books?
- Strategies– How do we go about it? What if our kids don’t like books? Hear about what we have done as a family, including my husband.
- Talking Points– Where do you begin with a discussion? Where do you go once you begin?
- Resources– What’s out there to help us out? What’s worked for us?
- What to do if you haven’t read a book– We’ve all been there and we’ll be there again. Does this count you out for a good discussion?
I want homeschooling parents to be empowered to discuss books with their teens regardless of their background with books or whether or not their teens like books. This is especially a fun topic for me as I was not a fiction reader when I was younger (and I still do not enjoy contemporary adult fiction). But, books are a huge part of our homeschooling and all of our kids, regardless of their interests enjoy a good discussion on books. Translation: You don’t have be or have categorically book loving people in your home to make this work.
Will you join me?
Sign Up for the Master Class
This class is available automatically for Read Aloud Revival members, so if you’re a member, I’ll see you there! If you aren’t a member already, you can sign up just for the month. One month is $9.95 and it not only gets you the master class on Engaging Teens, but you’ll be able to take advantage of membership all month long. Membership includes:
- Master Classes– Enjoy not just my class but other events which are available for playback from Julie Bogart of Brave Writer,
- Author Events– Recordings of live author events are available from Melissa Wiley, Caroline Rose Starr, and SD Smith.
- Discounts– on various book friendly items and sites
- Podcast Resources– to go with the free podcasts at the Read Aloud Revival. Things like take home points, notes, and a detailed transcript if you don’t have the time to listen to the whole thing.
- Free Resource Guides– Yours to download as a member even with a one month trial at $9.95.
The live class session is Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 4pm EST and there will be time for questions. If you are unable to make the class live, you’ll be able to watch it anytime along with the other classes available.
If you join in for the month and decide you want to stick around, the folks at RAR can work that out. Just let them know!
New Subscriber eBook on Engaging Teens
Next week, my new eBook, How to Engage Your Teens with Books- A Homeschooler’s Guide to Reading with Teens will be released! If you are not already a subscriber, make sure you opt in so you can download your copy.
This book has some special features in addition to the basic content including a Checklist of Talking Points for you and your teens along with a list of the books our teens find the most engaging. I can’t wait to share it with you!