What is Homeschool Consulting?
The chance to speak with a seasoned homeschooler and educator in a Skype or Google Hangout format (or by phone) and get more time and tailored information than a blog comment or email response can provide.
Who Can Benefit from Homeschool Consulting?
There are a few reasons you might want a consulting session regardless of how long you’ve been homeschooling.
- New to Homeschooling– Advice for families just starting out from how to know the law to how to get started no matter your level of experience.
- Beginning Homeschooling When a Child Has Been in School– Starting to homeschool after a student has spent time in conventional classrooms presents a unique challenge. We started homeschooling when our oldest was half way through first grade.
- Veteran Homeschoolers Looking to Make a Change– We are an eclectic homeschooling family with a focus on using applied skills in a variety of authentic activities specific to our students. I also develop a lot of courses for our kids based on their interests and style of learning. I can help you do this with your homeschool in mind.
- Specific Question with the Desire for a Detailed Answer– Responding to email and blog comments can be time consuming and leave you with more questions. Blog posts to address your question may be weeks out in the queue and take time to create. A consulting session can offer families the opportunity to get one on one advice from a seasoned educator and homeschooler.
The Consulting Session & Fees
If you want to set up a session, please email me at heather(at)blogshewrote(dot)org. We’ll set up an initial one hour consult time using your technology of choice.
- Initial one hour session is $50/hour- this is the first step and it may be all you need.
- Follow up sessions are available for the hourly rate.
- Work prepared between sessions will be billed at the same rate.
- Payments can be made through PayPal.
Educational Consulting for Curriculum Writers
If you are a curriculum provider, I can provide consulting services both as a homeschool mom and a professional educator. I hold a BS in Biological Sciences and a MS in Curriculum & Instruction Secondary Education. I taught biology and general science in public school for five years where I secured grants for educational experiences, developed curriculum, and provided staff development for faculty. As a homeschool mom, I have written much of our curriculum and have been homeschooling for 12 years.
Professionally, my expertise lies in science education. If you need feedback on curriculum development in any subject area, my new focus is on the homeschooling family. I can help you with writing & adapting curriculum for the homeschool market.
Email me at heather(at)blogshewrote(dot)org for information on curriculum consulting fees.