We strive for experiencing the extraordinary while still being enchanted by the everyday. Primarily, we are a unit study family with a Charlotte Mason flavor and a sprinkling of unschooling.
We use Five in a Row (FIAR) as our core curriculum at all levels through grade seven. In between our FIAR titles, we explore unit studies that are driven by student interest.
In the upper grades, we use a similar holistic approach to learning and use programs and curriculum which match that philosophy. We practice “project based homeschooling” and encourage our children to engage in their passions daily. Below you’ll find curriculum and resources that we have found most useful in our homeschooling over the last 8 years.
Links and additions on the way as I update this page! Thanks for your patience. This page may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Preschool and Elementary Curriculum
- Before Five in a Row
- Five in a Row
- Beyond Five in a Row- Unit studies based on chapter books
- Unit Studies- Our own and Amanda Bennett Studies
- Life of Fred- Elementary & Intermediate Series
- Math on the Level- Gentle, independent, living math approach to math instruction
- WinterPromise- a nice transition between pure unit studies and more traditional approaches to learning
- Lion Preparatory Academy- Literature unit study based on The Chronicles of Narnia (not currently available)
Middle School Curriculum
- Beyond Five in a Row
- Lion Preparatory Academy- A lovely literature study on the Chronicles of Narnia
- Cover Story
- Literary Lessons from The Lord of the Rings
- Life of Fred
- Excellence in Literature- Book 1
The Ultimate Guide to Coaching Writing in Your Homeschool- A look at our writing Instruction philosophy and the curriculum we use in the upper grades.
High School Curriculum