Our favorite autumn books:
- Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbel- there is a unit at Homeschool Share on this one which is a lot of fun!
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
- How to Make and Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman- which is featured in a Reading Rainbow episode available on Netflix and at the library
- Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington
- It’s Pumpkin Time by Zoe Hall
- How Do Apples Grow by Betsy Maestro
- From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
- The Pumpkin book by Gail Gibbons
- Poppleton in Fall by Cynthia Rylant
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? by Betsy Maestro
- Fresh Fall Leaves by Betsy Franco
- The Wild Leaf Ride by Judith Stamper
- Clifford’s First Autumn by Norman Bridwell
- Halloween Mazes
We read these a lot especially with the younger ones. The older ones enjoy our fall crafting and preparations. We’ve been to the cider mill, today we are going to the pumpkin patch and we’ll be making applesauce next weekend- a day long affair at our house!
Enjoy the season!