Today is our 15th wedding anniversary! That’s right…fifteen years ago today we rocked everybody’s world with a wedding just two days before Christmas. December 23, 1995…just a week shy of the anniversary of our first date. Which we celebrated on our honeymoon!
Fun Stats for You:
- We met at a wedding of two friends on December 30, 1994- he was the best man and I was the maid of honor (hi Ken & Cherylin!)
- Dan asked me out for our first date on New Year’s Eve 1994- which was also our first kiss (it was New Years after all)
- February 12, 1995 I meet Dan’s parents formally when he tells them, “Mom/Dad- this is the woman I’m going to marry!”
- May 27, 1995- we get engaged. After five months of dating, living 6 hours apart.
- December 23, 1995- we have a lovely evening wedding just on the edge of Baltimore City in a little Episcopal Church. I wore my mother’s wedding gown- right down to the veil and garter!
- December 24, 1995- we head to Blackwater Falls State Park in WV for a week long snowy honeymoon!
|Tradition states that whenever we pull an “Our First Year Together” ornament (and there are many…) while we decorate the tree, we kiss! The kids always take a picture of us together too. This ornament is one of our wedding favors.|