There’s no reason to do things conventionally just because you think you should. That includes the pace at which you homeschool and the methods you use. Let go of the baggage that makes up your educational past and do something extraordinary.
A Custom Designed High School for Your Teen
Be Equipped to:
Put together a customized, interest led, and project based high school experience for your teen.
Create project based courses – for truly unique classes.
Know what to do when things don’t go according to the plans you and your teen have laid out.
Build a realistic and successful schedule with your high schooler based on both course work and extra curricular responsbilities.
Help your high schooler to be successful as a mentor through the teen years.
Lesson Topics inside the Course
The lessons included with Homeschooling High School by Design include:
- Creating a four year plan
- Choosing high school curriculum
- Building your high schooler’s schedule
- Planning custom designed courses
- Creating electives for high school
- Record keeping and transcript worksheets
- Parent teacher roles in high school
- Making time for creative pursuits
- Creating opportunities for homeschooled teens
- What to do when things get hard
- Teaching smart and unmotivated students
- Homeschooling teens with chronic illness
- Teaching struggling learners
- Teaching gifted teens
We’re going to talk about how to put together a customized high school experience for your teen with information on writing project based courses for a truly unique class.
And we’ll talk about what to do when things don’t go according to the plans you and your teen have laid out.
Plus, you’ll learn how to build a successful schedule and how to help your high schooler to be successful as a mentor through the teen years.
Custom Planning Forms to Match the Lessons
Several lessons offer a form which will help you to plan and record the assignments given to you.
For example you’ll have forms for:
- Your high schooler’s four year plan
- Curriculum planning
- Project based customized courses
- Schedule building
- Working transcript
- Note taking for any lesson
You’ll be able to download them all at once in an eBook or as you need them throughout the course.
My Experience & Expertise
I want to help parents break free from homeschooling high school with only conventional ideas.
In addition, I want to help families avoid misinformation and to restore confidence as you step into homeschooling the teen years.
Discover how you can build customized, project based, unique courses well suited to your high schooler and eventually present an appropriate package for college admission.
The course Homeschooling High School by Design is borne out of both my experience as a professional educator and a homeschool teacher who has successfully navigated two kids into their first choice schools.
- BS Biological Sciences
- MS Curriculum and Instruction, Secondary Education
- Classroom biology teacher in middle and high school- five years in a Maryland school system
- Secured grants for curriculum writing and water quality monitoring- as a classroom teacher
- Curriculum writing experience- county and state level, Maryland Public Schools
- Discovery based science teaching- both in the classroom and at home
- 13 years of homeschooling experience
- 6 years of homeschooling high school experience
- 9 years of custom designed homeschool middle and high school courses- including project based, highly unconventional courses at the high school level
- Navigated successfully two teens and counting through the high school and college admission process
- 2 seniors admitted to the schools of their choice- with scholarships and honors designation
Our oldest is on his way to Purdue University with the highest merit scholarship and honors school designation. He was admitted to the School of Liberal Arts for a degree in Professional Writing. He also has a chronic illness which provided a plot twist to his story and continues to give us a lot of experience tapping established protocols for unique students.
Our second oldest, was accepted early admission to Cornell University for a degree in Fashion Design. From five years of a project based course of study to an admission to an Ivy League design program, her story is an exciting one.
While I cannot guarantee admission to the school of your teen’s choice, I can help you to build a high school program that will allow your student to thrive with the opportunities you provide.
The second course, Homeschooling for College by Design, will help you to package your teen’s custom high school experience for college admission.
Who is This Course for?
Who stands to gain the most from Homeschooling High School by Design?
- Homeschooling parents who are approaching the high school years for the first time
- Parents who need more direction in their approach to homeschooling high school
- Families who want to strike out and put together a highly customized high school education for their students
- Parents who need to understand what is required in high school
- Homeschoolers who struggle to get their teens on an appropriate level of work in high school
- Families who feel overwhelmed homeschooling high school
- Homeschoolers looking for ways to make high school a better experience for their teen
- Families who want to continue with a unit study, project oriented high school
- Parents who know they want something different in their teen’s course work but aren’t sure where to begin
- Families who have teens with special needs of any sort- chronic illness, learning difficulties, gifted teens
- Homeschoolers who want to learn more about transitioning from a teacher to a mentor in the lives of their teens’ education
- Families of teens who need accommodations during the high school years
- Teens who want to study outside of the box but still want admissions to competitive schools and programs
Optional One on One Consultation
You can choose to purchase a homeschool consultation with Homeschooling High School by Design.
Doing so at the time of signing on for the course provides a discount on the consultation rate.
Once you are finished going through all 16 lessons, we’ll set up a consult and I’ll be happy to answer your questions and look at your high schooler’s plans with you.
Here’s how a consultation works.
- Contact me– via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work out the details for a meeting time and payment
- Provide me with some information– I will ask you to tell me about your homeschool and what you would like help with.
- I’ll prepare– by reading the information you’ve given me and putting together some resources and the answers to your questions.
- We’ll meet– and have a one hour discussion. You can take notes and I will make note of additional questions and suggestions for you.
- Follow up email– After we meet, I’ll send along a summary of our time together along with any links and suggestions for resources for you.
- What else? – I’ll also give you the opportunity to clarify or ask more questions. If it’s a quick answer, I’ll send it over. If it is a longer explanation, then we can talk about another consultation session.
This course is available on its own or in combination with Homeschooling for College by Design.
Homeschooling High School by Design is only $60 at the introductory price or you can combine it with a consult and the second course for a discount.
You can have both a customized homeschool high school with project based courses
an admission to a competitive university
or any college.