Legends & Lore: A Full Year of U.S. History
Learn United States History through the stories of people, places, and events- especially the spooky kind!
This is a full year of U.S. History perfect for teens who do not enjoy formal history studies.
It’s a neurodivergent friendly course made of nine month-long modules that span early colonization through early modern history.
The regular cost for this full year U.S. History course is $47. When you purchase the course, look for your welcome email. Make sure to check your junk folder because that’s where you’ll learn about access to the course.
Included with each module:
- 2-3 Focus Stories– in the form of legends & lore in both fiction and non-fiction
- Context History Clues– connections to the history associated with the lore
- Assignment Ideas– many types of assignments from which to choose that are neurodivergent friendly
- Writing Prompts– that incorporate the history using creative non-fiction and creative writing
- Resource List– podcasts, documentaries, books, stories and other items that your teen can explore as part of their history studies
The modules will start with the 1600s and move through to the 2000s. Each century will contain two modules except for the last one.
The design of each module provides a lot of flexibility. Try out all the stories or just choose one. Do one or two assignments or try several. Adjust the course to the needs of your teen.
Join us for a fun high school level adventure into the legends & lore of U.S. History!
** Disclaimer: In this course, we’ll use the term “ghost stories” without a lot of meaning. We are in this for the spooky story value as it relates to a time and place in history.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.