Science and gardening go hand in hand. Gardening science is the home of posts and opportunities to purposefully combine science with gardening in your homeschool. You’ll find activities and units specifically to enhance your growing season. Whether you are growing a large garden or a porch container garden, there is so much to learn about science when growing your own plants.
Gardening Science Studies
- Gardening as a Tool for Teaching Science– How to include gardening as part of your science studies. Gardening encompasses many STEM disciplines.
- 3 Activities to Celebrate Earth Day– Ways to incorporate gardening for sustainability
- What Gregor Mendel & Growing Peas Can Tell Us about Heredity– learn how to grow peas and even replicate some of Mendel’s studies if you want to give it a go. There’s even a set of notebooking pages if you subscribe!
- How to Plant a Sun Flower Garden– update coming on the sunflower garden post
- Sunflower Math– update coming sunflower math post
Nature Related Garden Science Resources
Gardening science includes wildflowers you might grow in your yard or other plants that are not vegetable garden plants. Maybe you’d like to grow a Beatrix Potter themed garden!
- How to Make a Plant Journal– How to document your gardening work in a creative way.
- Art & Nature Study with Beatrix Potter– One of my most popular posts on Beatrix Potter who was an accomplished gardener, artist, author, and land owner
- Nature Journal Calendars– Ways to study growing things year round
Fairy Garden Workshop
Possibly one of my favorite offerings of all time. This video workshop course comes with everything you need to practice enchanted horticulture.
Horticulture is the science and art of growing fruits, vegetables, flowers, or ornamental plants.
The workshop contains videos and tutorials to bring the make and take experience to your home and practice gardening science, enchanted style!
Plus, the bonus eBook contains planning pages and record sheets for putting together your Fairy Garden.
Horticultural enchantment at is best!
Subscribe for Gardening Science Notebooking Pages
Subscribe below and get a set of three plant study notebooking pages to go with your gardening science research and projects.
You’ll also receive ideas, lessons, activities, resources, and support for teaching gardening science in your homeschool.
More Plant Related Resources
I’ve got more plant and growing resources for you! Click below to enjoy more resources and activities related to learning about plants:
- Plant Journaling for Homeschoolers– all things related to plant journaling
- Plant Journal Pages for Homeschoolers– download a 40 page eBook on plant journaling and follow the tutorial for making a hand bound journal
- How to Make a Plant Journal– how to make a full page plant study journal without special pages