Plant Journaling for Homeschoolers is a gathering place for activities and journaling ideas for studying plants at any level of homeschooling. Subscribe below to download our Plant Journaling Pages for Homeschoolers eBook which has over fifteen journaling pages to use in two formats.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
There are all sorts of ways to journal about plants and we’re adding to our resources all the time.
So, check back here frequently for more ideas!
Resources on Plant Journaling for Homeschoolers
These are posts with information on putting together plant journals. I’ll be adding to this section regularly, so stay tuned! Many of them will use the Plant Journal Pages for Homeschoolers eBook.
- Tips for Botanical Illustrating– helpful ideas for making good plant drawings
- How to Make a Plant Journal– how to make a large, color page of plant journaling without special pages
- The Big List of Popular Plant Journal Ideas– a long list of the kinds of plant journals you and your students can keep for both cultivated and wild plants
Making Hand Bound Plant Journals
We love to make hand bound books. Book binding is one of our favorite things to do!
These posts are for you to learn various methods of book binding so you can make your own plant journals.
- Book Binding Plant Journal Pages for Homeschoolers– how to make a closed binding of your Plant Journal Pages for Homeschoolers.
- 3 Reasons to Make Hand Bound Books– this is a tutorial on making an open binding on a hand bound book
Fairy Garden Workshop & Journaling Pages
Have you ever wanted to plant a Fairy Garden? We are delighted to teach a video workshop on enchanted horticulture through the preparation and planting of Fairy Gardens.
As part of the workshop, we’ve included Fairy Garden plant journaling for homeschoolers pages that help you to plan and take care of your miniature garden.
Subscribe to Download Plant Journaling Pages for Homeschoolers
More Resources for Nature Journaling
We’ve got more resources for you to enjoy nature study:
- Nature Journal Calendars– a year of seasonal nature study with downloadable calendars to help you record your observations, plus lots of activities and resources.
- Inspiring Tools for a Nature Artist– some of our favorite nature journaling tools
- Art & Nature Study with Beatrix Potter– one of my most popular posts on studying the life of Beatrix Potter along with her nature art and nature subjects.
- Gardening Science– all the posts about teaching gardening through science. You’ll find some simple gardening plant journaling for homeschoolers pages here too.