Helpful Math Posts
- Math Journaling in Homeschool Math– How to keep a math journal and what sorts of entries go in it
- Homeschooling Middle & High School Math– Our approach and some fun resources for the job
- Math Planning– If you use Math on the Level or you plan your own way with math instruction. This gives you an idea of how I planned math.
- The Making of a Wizard & the Crafting Side of Math– A post on how to encourage creative kids to engage with math while building confidence.
Math Curriculum Resources
- Life of Fred Homeschool Math– Why and how we use Life of Fred in our homeschool
- Teaching Gifted Math with Project M3– if you have a gifted student, these resources provide a challenge.
- Math on the Level– How we approached math when our children were younger
- Homeschool Math Practice with CTC Math– this online math resource is easy to use and cost effective
- Get Rid of Math Anxiety Once & for All– another look at CTC Math as a tool for building confidence.
Homeschooling High School Math
- SAT & ACT Prep with Online Math Courses– Our experience with Mr. D’s ACT Boot Camp
- Teaching & Mentoring High School Math– Tricks for the trade!
- Learning High School Math with Life of Fred– more detail on teaching high school math with Life of Fred
- How to Use Online Help for High School Math– Knowre is an online math resource that kids can use to practice math with a video game template.
- Practicing Math with Equate– Equate is an equation game a lot like Scrabble. Practice math sentences at any level with Equate.
- 100 Family Games for Kids of All Ages– This post contains a list of 100 games, many of which are math oriented. You’ll find a whole section on math games included in this list.
- Practicing Place Value– with Monopoly Millioniare
- Math Play– a list of our favorite math games
- Math Chip Game– practice number sense