I received a CTC membership as part of this review and I was compensated for my time in writing it. All views are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.
If you are a regular reader, then you know we are a Life of Fred math family. We approach math from an unconventional perspective. But, sometimes you have to live in the world of conventional math. As we approached the end of the school year, CTC math was a great tool for my kids to review for their standardized tests. Our kids found it to be an easy website to use for their purpose. Homeschool Math Practice with CTC Math made the concept review and practice much easier.
CTC Math is a website with an online membership program for grades k-12. Students can work through concepts in math while watching examples and trying their own problems. Each student is tracked in their own separate accounts under the teacher’s account and parents can easily keep track of their student’s progress.
You can find:
- Concepts by grade, subject, and concept with individual topics listed out
- Instructional videos
- Examples with solutions
- Practice sets with many problems
- Uses for a stand alone curriculum or as reinforcement for another
Benefits of Using CTC Math for Practice
When it comes to math, many homeschool parents lose confidence. They may think that math isn’t their strong suit or that they will get lost in high school math. A CTC Math membership is a helpful tool for homeschool parents to have in their pockets.
- Make math time more independent
- Full program for math instruction at all levels
- Provides standardized test practice
- Gives explanation for concepts which helps to gives students a different perspective-you can simply look at examples with solutions or you can watch the videos
- Students work at their own pace going fast or slow depending on their needs
- Parent gets a report of the work and progress of each student- I chose to receive them weekly.
- Fully accessible on mobile devices like tablets
- Offers one low annual price for the whole family- this is a personal favorite of mine because a reasonable fee allows all four of my students to enjoy the same benefits no matter what level they are from Kindergarten math to Calculus.
What My Students Like about CTC Math
Two of our kids wanted to try out CTC Math as they prepared for our annual standardized tests. They loved it and here’s why:
- Easy to find the concepts she needed to review
- Told her how she did on the problems right away as she worked on them and gave a summary at the end
- Provided plenty of problems for the concept they were working on
- It was independent- they did not need to wait on me to get them extra problems for test practice
- Video instruction was helpful as he prepped for some concepts he had not covered in our math program but might be on the standardized test- it reinforced the quick lessons I had given him on simple addition and subtraction of decimals.
Discount & Free Trial to CTC Math
CTC Math is affordable for families. See what you think with a free trial, then you can sign on for a 60% discount for homeschoolers.
Connect with CTC Math
Learn more about CTC Math and what it can offer your homeschool math program. You can find them in the following places: