As you may know, Blog, She Wrote is not an affiliate heavy blog. However, I can’t help but share about services and products I use and love. Plan to Eat is one of them.
Honestly, Plan to Eat has revolutionized my life. In the meal planning sort of way.
Sure, I’ve done a lot of meal planning over my last (one month shy) of 17 years of marriage. I had to step things up as the kids came along. I can pick a good recipe for the right night of the week based on schedules. But something would break down when it came to translating the recipes I’d chosen into an accurate shopping list.
Plan to Eat makes it easy to plan meals and make lists. And it’s very easy and intuitive to use.
- First you import your recipes onto the web site. You can enter your favorites by hand and you can use the tool for your web browser to “grab” recipe from a website.
- Once you have enough recipes to work with, you can drag them over and drop them into the planner which is a calendar you can view by week or month. The planner has spaces for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- As you fill your planner, it auto-populates your grocery list. GENIUS girls…pure genius.
- If you have a mobile device, you can view your shopping list in the mobile view and as you walk around your favorite grocery store you can click away items that get in the cart. Swoon.
- The shopping list also makes it easy to reference the recipe that goes with that list item- in case you ever wonder why in the world that thing is on your list. Check it to prove it. Yes, you really needed that obscure ingredient you can’t imagine why you’d need!
- You can also fill a pantry list- things you always want on the list or items you always want on your shelf.
- Before I go to the store, I just check the list with what’s on my shelf and remove anything I know I don’t need.
The regular cost for Plan to Eat is $39.99 a year. You can also do a 30 Day trial to see how you like it. That’s what I did and when Black Friday hit last year, I made it official. I haven’t once thought it wasn’t worth my time or membership fee. Plan to Eat has easily saved me money in not having to run out last minute because I was missing something crucial for a meal. I’ve been there too many times.
But here’s the best part! Plan to Eat is having it’s annual Black Friday Sale through the weekend and the cost is only $19.99 for the year!
The link above is an affiliate link. If you choose to try out Plan to Eat, I will get a small commission. Thank you!