This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Autumn officially begins on Wednesday and we’re gearing up at our house by pulling out our favorite fall decor and planning some new art for the fall season.
High School Art Plans
Over the last year I’ve been sharing Rebecca’s high school art curriculum. She’s a 10th grader this year and she is tackling a credit of Art and a credit of Sewing & Design each year. With two credits of Fine Art per year on her transcript, we’re always keeping up with new content to add. Here are a few posts on her art pursuits.
- More Plans for High School Art– Plans for 9th grade art using online resources.
- Resources for High School Art– Our supplies, coursework, and curriculum
- Mixed Media Fun for Homeschool Art– Our experience with mixed media online classes and a detailed look at our high school art goals.
- The 10 Best Things about Teaching an Artist– A list of the things I love about teaching a creative teenager.
- Must Have Art Supplies for a Project Based Homeschool– The ultimate list of art supplies!
I’m looking forward to sharing our art results as the year progresses. Rebecca likes to learn new techniques and follows a lot of art blogs and enjoys the self-paced instruction of her online classes.
Autumn Art Courses
The Art of Fall Mixed Media – from Alisha Gratehouse. This course is a four week class with video instruction and over 20 individual projects. You can full access to the course for a life time. There is so much content, you can revisit it annually and still enjoy it. The art shared in this post is from the mixed media course. This class is on sale through September 30th for $48. The regular price is $60.
A Seasonal Start in Chalk Pastels– from Hodgepodge. Chalk pastels are a very forgiving medium and provide pleasing results for even reluctant artists. This eBook is only $4.99.
Painting Trees in Acrylic – This class has a fabulous focus on the shapes and properties of trees along with instruction in how to draw them.
Botanical Illustration: With Watercolor & Colored Pencils– Explores plant structure as you learn to draw flowers and plants in detail.