This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Homeschooling High School is no joke.
Challenging teens with a rigorous course of study
while meeting their individual needs is a big job.
100 Awesome Educational Videos for Homeschooling High School is an attempt to list some of helpful tools for your work.
By now, you probably have heard of Amazon Prime and its many offerings besides the ultimate free two day shipping.
In my opinion, they have the best offerings for education related videos.
The videos on this list are available from Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime for Homeschooling High School
There are many benefits to having Amazon Prime.
We could list the them:
- Audible titles- and channels which have some great podcasts.
Amazon Prime for Homeschooling High School is a win.
Get that tool in your toolbox homeschooling moms!
STEM Videos for Homeschooling High School
- Xploration DIY Sci– Steve Spangler shows how to do science at home
- How the Universe Works– the design of the cosmos
- Inventions that Shook the World– decade by decade through the discovery of life changing inventions
- The Mystery of Matter: Search for the Elements–
- Radioactive Detectives
- Uranium: Twisting the Dragon’s Tail–
- Inside Things– the nuts and bolts of how things work, including in the natural world and how man made things are fashion after them
- How Tech Works- series on cutting edge technology and the people behind it
- Trajectory– Milestones in space exploration
- The Brain with David Eagleman- exploration of the human brain
- The Physics of Light– explores the true nature of light
- Numbers– episodes on special numbers and the geniuses who discovered them
- The Fabric of the Cosmos– an investigation of the frontiers of physics
- Quark Science– a collection of episodes answering the toughest questions in history
- Voyage of the Continents– earth science
- Ring of Fire
- Sahara: Altering the Course of History
- NOVA– 13 seasons of this scientific research show
- Secrets of the Universe
- Order & Disorder: The Forces that Drive the Universe– How we discovered the rules that govern the universe
- Everything & Nothing: The Amazing Science of Empty Space– information on the true size of the smallest particles and the science of empty space
- Making Stuff– new technology and how it’s formed
- Algebra I– this has five stars!
Nature Videos for Homeschooling High School
- Nature– most watched nature documentary of all time
- Nature’s Miniatures– a look at the world’s tiniest flora and fauna
- Life on Fire: Wildlife on the Volcano’s Edge–
- Sky Hunters: The World of the Dragonfly– A fantastic look at dragonflies!
- Plants Behaving Badly– plants with intriguing behavior
- Life on the Reef– a look at the ecosystem of the Great Barrier Reef
- Earth: A New Wild– explores the human impact on the earth’s ecology
- Planet Wild– follows the lives of animal species all around the world and how they live and work to survive
- Wildest Islands– a look at extreme habitats
- Blue Realm– all about animal species that live in the ocean
- Wild Islands– ecosystems around the British Isles
- Animal Journeys– follow great migrations all around the world
- Animal Weapons– Investigation of skilled predators
- Nordic Wild– a focus on some of the furthest northern areas of the globe
- Wild North– forests, rugged coastlines, and interior areas of Scandinavia
- Blue Planet II– all about oceans
- Planet Earth II– lovely cinematography all about the earth’s ecology and habitats
- Extinct– learn about animals in our past
History Videos for Homeschooling High School
- Timelines of Ancient Civilizations– a survey of early civilizations
- The Impressionists
- History Detectives– Hosts from the PBS show take viewers through artifacts in history
- The Story of Egypt– a look at the inventors, heros, and people of Egypt
- The National Parks: America’s Best Idea
- History Revealed
- Medieval Dead– Stories of life in the Middle Ages through the study of skeletal remains
- Monument Men: The Road to Rushmore– the story of the U.S. Presidents etched in rock and the sculptors who carved the monument
- History Storytellers– season 1 focuses on Gettysbury
- The Ultimate Civil War Series– well rated look at the U.S. Civil War
- Travel through History– travel and learn about the history of cities along the way
- Discovering America’s Founders– a Drive Thru history title
- American Experience: The Great War– story of the first world war through the eyes of those who were there
- The Great War– a PBS documentary
- Napoleonic Wars
- Roman Empire without Limit
- Africa’s Great Civilizations– a PBS documentary on the African continent from ancient times
- Stories from the Stone Age
- A Lamp in the Dark: Untold History of the Bible
- The Story of India– a story of the history of this land and its people groups
- The Science of Secrecy
- Decoding the Ancients
- The Pyramid Code– a study of what the pyramids were designed to do
- Lost Worlds: Troy, Persepolis, Angkor Wat
- Secrets of Archeology
- Shakespeare’s Tomb
- The Secret of the Mona Lisa
- The Northwest Passage: The Final Frontier
- Technological Marvels of the Ancient World– explore the legacies of ancient peoples
- Time Scanners– investigators unlock the secrets of great engineering achievements
- Museum Diaries– track the scientists behind the discoveries in museums
- The Men Who Built America– a look at Carnegie, Rockefeller, and other wealthy businessmen who built America
- How We Got to Now– the stories behind six remarkable ideas that make modern life possible
- The Story of China– the story of the oldest continuous state from early times
- America: The Story of US
- Making North America
- Ancient Invisible Cities
- In Search of– with Leonard Nemoy
Literature Videos for Homeschooling High School
Videos don’t have to be non-fiction all the time.
Follow up your literature studies with the movie version.
There are so many choices.
This is just a sampling.
- Pride & Prejudice– the favorite BBC version with Colin Firth
- Sense & Sensibility– from the BBC
- Jane Eyre– also the BBC version
- A Christmas Carol– consider the best adaptation ever made
- Dickensian– a show about characters within multiple Dickens novels and how they intertwine in 19th century London
Biographical Videos for Homeschool High School
- In Search of Beethoven
- John Adams– mini series based on the book by David McCullough
- To Walk the Invincible– a story of the Bronte sisters
- In Search of Hadyn
- The Painting Life of Rembrandt van Rijn
- Great Artists with Tim Marlow
- Manet & the Birth of Impressionism
- Audubon– on the life and art of Mr. Audubon
- Darwin: The Voyage that Shook the World– on the life of Darwin
- Undaunted: The Forgotten Giants of the Allegheny Observatory– about the lives of people who invented astrophysics and the science of powered flight
- Ken Burns: American Lives– biographies of some of the most celebrated people in American history
- The Roosevelts: An Intimate History– a look at the lives of Theodore, Franklin, and Eleanor
- In Their Own Words– biography series exploring the lives of 2oth century figures
- Lincoln– movie adaption of the President’s life
- The Indomitable Teddy Roosevelt
- American Experience: JFK
More Links on Homeschooling High School
- Best Educational YouTube Channels for Homeschoolers– Our favorite list curated for homeschooling high school.
- 10 Best Podcasts for Your Inquisitive Teen– We have teens who love their podcasts. This list is not to be missed!
- Must Watch TED Talks for Homeschoolers– One of my most popular posts which is a source for more informative videos for homeschooling high school
- How to Homeschool with a Kindle– a wonderful tool for watching all these videos and listening to podcasts!
- Homeschooling Students Who Have a Chronic Illness– One of the reasons we use videos while homeschooling high school
If you are homeschooling high school,
There are so many tools available to families.
Videos are just one.
Homeschooling High School eCourse for Parents
Is it time to put your plan together for Homeschooling High School?
Or is time to tweak the current plan?
The 16 module course, called Homeschooling High School by Design offers planning sheets and lessons on putting together your four year high school plan and creating custom courses for your teen.
Plus, you’ll learn what to do when things aren’t going according to plan.
Step into homeschooling high school with confidence!
Other bloggers from the iHN are sharing 100 Things today. Click on over to see more!by