If you are planning on Homeschooling High School, then you’ve come to the right place!
Find information on:
- planning high school homeschool
- creating electives
- preparing for college
- writing essays
- teaching science
- navigating college selection
- and lots more!
Read on, click through,
How to Plan for Homeschooling High School
- How to Make a Four Year Homeschool High School Plan– The nuts and bolts on putting a plan together with your student for their high school years.
- Finishing Strong– I cohost a weekly link up on homeschooling the upper grades. Check weekly and link up or just see what other homeschool high schoolers are doing.
- Working with a Very Bright & Occasionally Very Motivated High Schooler: Tips & Strategies– If you have a great kid who doesn’t like to work hard when the task requires it, this is the post for you! Not every homeschooler is the quintessential student.
- Creating Homeschool Independence with Online Schedulers– How to give your students ownership of their work by helping them to keep track of their own work.
- Creating Opportunities for Your Homeschooled Teen– How do you keep your students engaged and help them to find their niche in high school?
- Strategies for Scheduling High School– How to sit with your teen and hammer out a workable schedule for high school courses and extracurriculars.
- Must Have Supplies for High School– What we and other homeschooling families think are the best helps for high school.
- How to Homeschool High School through the Holidays– Planning the month of December with teens to be purposeful without leaving all the fun behind.
- 100 Awesome Educational Videos for Homeschooling High School– a robust list of educational videos for teens
- How to Choose Homeschooling High School Curriculum– How to know what will work for your high schooler and a list of our favorites
- Should My Homeschooled Teen Get a Part Time Job– some families wonder if a part time job is the right decision for their teen. It seemed like most teens had jobs in the 80s and 90s, but not so much anymore.
Homeschooling High School to Prepare for College
How to Navigate the College Application Process as a Homeschooler– The ins and outs of looking for schools, narrowing down, and keeping track of it all.
Preparing for College Made Easy: A Guide to the Common Application– This can be a confusing website with many instructions for the homeschooling parent. Learn how to use this terrific tool.
Homeschooling for College by Design is a 12 module course which helps you to package your custom high school experience for competitive college admission.
Homeschooling High School English
- Using Writing Conferences to Coach Writing– Bring your writers from where they are to proficient written communicators with writing conferences
- How to Focus on Pre-Writing for High School– a look at how to help teens with concretes ideas before they write.
- Writing the Personal Essay– Tips on how to write personal essays for college entrance and any other opportunity which comes along.
- A Homeschooler’s Guide to the Persuasive Essay– Resources and ideas on teaching the persuasive essay which is another college essay must know.
- High School Skills: Analyzing Text– This is a skill necessary for college success. Can your student synthesize ideas from what he reads?
- Tips for a Well Written Expository Essay– Great guidelines for explaining type essays
- Creating Other Worlds: Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction– Do you have a student who loves fantasy and other world reading and writing? This is a great resource for keeping those teens with plenty of resources!
- The Ultimate Guide to Coaching Writing in Your Homeschool– This is a page where I’ve put together the resources, posts, and ideas on teaching writing in your homeschool.
- 100 Books You Should Read by the Time You Turn 20– This is a list for teens by teens in response to an NPR list which they really did not like.
- How to Engage Your Teens with Books– Keeping your teens in the reading game and having great discussions.
- Six Week Free Writer’s Workshop– Join our free writer’s workshop with 18 activities to encourage writing in community.
Homeschooling High School History & Geography
- History Quests– Come and explore history with using our short lessons of inquiry.
- Geography Quests– Adventures in geography for all ages. There’s a lot of potential for high school explorations in each quest.
- Learning Geography with Atlases– A post with ideas and collections of atlases and how to use them in your homeschool
Homeschooling High School Math
- Life of Fred– We use Life of Fred for upper level math. Read this post to see how we use Fred and how it’s been beneficial to our family.
- The Making of a Wizard & the Crafty Side of Math– Do you have a creative student who dislikes math? This post is all about how I work with my creative girl to give her confidence while still tackling the tough math.
- Teaching & Mentoring High School Math– Everything from algebra to calculus and preparing for college entrance exams.
- Learning High School Math with Life of Fred– Reasons why we use it as our whole curriculum in high school and what instructional time looks like overall
Homeschooling High School Science
- 100 STEM Projects for Kids & Teens of All Ages– a round up post of 100 of the STEM lessons here at Blog, She Wrote
- Homeschooling Middle & High School Science– How we teach science here with two scientists as parents and lots of resources.
- The Snake Project– This is one of the ways we approach science in high school. This was a year of biology learned through the lens of my daughter’s snake project.
- Teaching Earth Science with Geography– A look at our science for 2014-2015 and how we are combining earth science with NorthStar Geography
- Gardening as a Tool for Teaching Science– for teens and middle schoolers on down, how to use your garden for teaching biology and chemistry.
- Measuring Lung Capacity– Learn about the respiratory system and measure lung capacity.
- Illustrating the Human Body– High school biology for creatives, including biological illustration resources
- Tips for Botanical Illustrating– the finer points on sketching for high school and middle school science
- Calculating Density– Lab for taking in data on found objects and calculating density after measuring mass.
Homeschooling High School Fine Arts
- Homeschooling Middle & High School Fine Arts– Lists of resources and our approach to fine arts in high school
- The Art of Fall- Mixed Media Workshop & More Plans for High School Art– A look at a mixed media class we took (and continue to take by season this year) and high school art plans for Rebecca, our 9th grader
- Summer Art Fun with Mixed Media– How to use summer to meet fine art credits
- Scheduling Time for Creative Pursuits– How we schedule in time for creativity among regular high school course work for our creative girl
Homeschooling High School Technology
- Managing the Internet in Your Home– This is a huge issue for parents of teens. How do we handle computer/tech time as our kids grow?
- How to Homeschool with a Kindle– Find out all the ways you can use this economical tool in your homeschool. There are things which people haven’t heard of or thought about- like access to all your Kindle highlights at once.
- How to Use Google Earth– Using this free electronic atlas. Includes websites with lessons.
- How to Make a YouTube Playlist– This is useful for making lists for courses your high schooler is taking and choosing content to enhance their studies.
- Best Educational YouTube Channels for High Schoolers– Lots of great channels here for mostly secondary school students.
Follow Homeschooling High School on Pinterest
Get Homeschooling High School Help