This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Summer is on the horizon! Here in NY the weather is getting more consistently warm (with some cool days thrown in) and many of us are thinking about our summer plans. What do you do with your summer? Summer Art Fun with Mixed Media is all about including art in those summer plans.
How to Enjoy Art During the Summer
If you are like a lot of homeschool moms, then you might not always make time for art throughout your school year. Summer is a great time to explore new art media. Here’s how we approach it:
- Make Time– Filling your summer with being on the go sometimes means you miss out on the simple fun days. You have to have days when there’s long stretches of uninterrupted time.
- Add Art to Your Summer Bucket List– Do you have a list of “must dos” each summer? Make sure art makes this list! This particular list was made on a year when we had to stay close to home. We had an art activity on the list (making batik fabric).
- Plan Art Fun for Rainy Days– What a fun alternative to screen time when the weather isn’t good for playing outdoors.
- Allows You to Be Creative When the Academic Stakes Aren’t as High– I know the artists among us will say art is good all the time. And it is. But, somehow it can get away from us if we hit a stride when we are getting the basics done but don’t feel like we have time for extras. Summer and extended school breaks allow moms to relax and enjoy the process of creating art more.
- Quiet Activity– When life needs to slow down for everyone.
- Activities for Friends– Sometimes it’s fun to gather a group of kids for something new. Who will you invite to do art with you?
Celebrate Summer Mixed Media Workshop
The cost is $48 for 20 lessons if you sign up before June, 2016 and you have life time access to the classes. We’re excited for new, summer season lessons in:
- chalkboard art
- hand lettering
- art journaling
Once you register, you receive a welcome email with information on everything you need for the class. The supply list is very basic and the items you may not have on hand are easy to find in local craft stores.
This video based course is perfect for ages 8 and up including older sisters and moms- and adventurous boys!
More Summer Art Fun from Blog, She Wrote
We take plenty of time for exploring art in the summer whether it’s for nature study or for fun. Here are a few fun links:
- Summer Vacation Fun with Chalk Pastels– A case for taking the extra time to pack the art supplies for your vacation. Find out how we ensure a low cost memory from a family trip- or any trip.
- Geography Quest: Shark Week Edition– Do you recognize Shark Week? It’s kind of a big deal. Don’t forget to sneak in the art while you are learning all about sharks.
- Watercolor Afternoon– An outdoor Van Gogh artist study with painting
- Wildflower Blooms Art & Nature– This one is all things wildflower including art. One of our favorite things about summer!
- Must Have Art Supplies for a Project Based Homeschool– Just in case you’d like to know more about what to have on hand for art in your homeschool, check out this post.
What will your summer art goals be this year? Join us for Celebrate Summer Mixed Media Art class!