Disclosure: I received access to Mr. D Math Algebra II and I was compensated for my time. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review. This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Homeschooling High School math is no joke.
Am I right?
When I hear from homeschooling parents and we talk about homeschooling high school they are often worried about math.
They wonder how they are going to get the job done well.
They wonder how they will keep up
or how they will be able to help.
Thankfully, there are math heroes out there
and Mr. D is one of them.
Homeschooling High School Math with Mr. D Math is a sure way
to get the instruction you want for your teen
in a low risk environment.
Benefits of Mr. D Math Algebra II
Maybe you’ve got Algebra I in the bag and you are looking to your next steps.
Mr. D Math Algebra II comes along right around your teen’s junior year of high school.
It’s a perfect time to try some outsourced classes.
In our homeschool, we only require one outsourced course- either in their junior or senior year.
Is high school math your choice for outsourcing?
Let’s talk about how this might work for your family.
- Live Classes– Provides weekly lessons taught by an instructor in real time and requires some interaction from the students. This is a nice addition to your transcript when you need to describe any outsourced classes in The Common App as a homeschooling parent. (hint- that link takes you to a checklist for The Common App that outlines what homeschooling parents are responsible for…)
- Self Paced Classes– This is our preferred method. It fits with our flexible homeschool and our second kid with chronic Lyme disease, who has to work when he can work.
- Summer Courses– These are a saving grace if you have a teen who is running a little behind the track for math and can begin to catch up. They also allow your teen to be flexible in his high school course planning!
- Extra Practices– Every week emails arrive in your inbox to remind you of the help session.
- Readiness Classes– What if you don’t know which class your teen is ready for? Not a problem!
- Choice of Sessions– Your family can choose the day and time per week that suits your needs.
- Affordable Options– Many online math programs have big price tags, but Mr. D Math Algebra II is cheaper than even our high school community college courses and the resources for your teen can’t be beat.
- Online Help Resources– You are never left without help. Any time your student is working, they can get access to the lectures and help pages on the website.
One of the things I enjoy about Mr. D is his rapport with the students.
When it comes to teaching teens,
good rapport is essential.
Mr. D Math is NCAA Approved
If you are homeschooling a high school athlete
who plans to pursue sports at a collegiate level,
then you know all about the NCAA rules on what is acceptable for homeschooling high school curriculum.
Mr. D Math high school math courses are approved by the NCAA.
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry
More on Homeschooling High School Math
We’ve been teaching high school math for eight years
and have tried a lot of different strategies-
not just for full course work but also for test prep too.
- SAT & ACT Prep with Online Math Courses– Mr. D boot camps for college entrance exams are a win. Both of our college kids went through the ACT boot camp and the review was fabulous. He also goes over test taking strategies for each test.
- Teaching & Mentoring High School Math– Some notes on homeschooling high school math
- The Making of a Wizard & the Crafty Side of Math– working hard to engage creative students with math. That’s what this post is all about.
How do you approach math with your high schooler?
Could you use some help?
Mr. D Math is an accessible resource for homeschooling families.
So, step forward with confidence.
Your math hero is ready!