I’m sure lots of you have been using Kindles and Nooks forever now, but we are rather new to the scene within the last six months or so and I thought I’d bring up the topic. I don’t have much to report here other than the great list of classics my daughter has tapped into for free. She also has some favorite books that she’s purchased. And then there are the word games she enjoys. I use a Kindle app on my Android phone and I love it.
One of my goals for our homeschool for next year is to get another Kindle the boys can share. I think it’s great that we can cut down on some of the book clutter and take our books on the go.
|R11 has quite a collection to choose from- she’s read an unbelievable number of classic books for her age.|
|The Lord of the Rings is one of her favorites. Don’t be fooled by the size of the font…that is a serious read!|
So, I have a poll of sorts and I’d love for you to answer some questions for me in the comments.So, tell me….
- How do you use an eReader in your homeschool?
- How many do you have for the number of kids you have?
- Are you successful sharing it around or is it best to have their own?
- How old are your kids when they first start using the eReader?
- Can you share resources around within the same family?
- What are your favorite books for schooling using an eReader?