With the new school year upon us, it was time to get our new math journals up and running. E10 and R9 were the only two doing the journals last year so I had J4 and I-7 put one together and then we added to them all.
- Responses- Life of Fred work will likely go here, student response to particular kinds of problems
- Challenges- brainteasers and other more challenging assignments
- Research- assignments to investigate a mathematician or concept and the results
- Notes- vocabulary, directions on concepts
- Hands On- could be games or activities for math practice
- Copywork- whatever might make a nice copywork assignment or vocabulary that sort of thing
- Fun Stuff- puzzles, games, etc
- 5-A-Day Problems- these are the Math on the Level daily review problems
Some of these may turn out to be redundant for us and if that’s the case, we’ll just pull a few categories. The high/low game went into the Hands On section.
We are excited about math this year. Wish I’d done this years ago!