It’s that time of year when Samartin’s Purse is gearing up for Operation Christmas Child collections. Does your family participate? We have for years and with the addition of some simple tracking options, I thought Operation Christmas Child would make a fun Geography Quest.
Map the Locations in the World Where OCC Boxes Are Sent
- Boxes are sent worldwide, but you can visit Operation Christmas Child to learn more and map those locations.
Pack an OCC Box & Pray over It and the Child Who Will Receive It.
- Enjoy some Veggie Tales themed OCC materials- fun printouts for the kids and you can find the box labels here.
- You can print coloring pages to send with your box. Our kids love to put their biographical information and address in hopes that maybe they’ll hear back from the child who receives the box. It hasn’t happened yet, but we keep trying!
- How about some instructions on what goes into a box and how to pack it and make sure it gets shipped?
- We pack a box for each of our children in the same age and gender categories as our children.
- Pray over your boxes and the children who will receive them.
Other Ways to Be Involved
- Pay for shipping on boxes using the website. Shipping per box is $7.
- Volunteer to be part of the work of collection and distribution.
- Donate gifts in kind.
- Build a box online for $30.
- Have a packing party!
Map the Journey Your Box Took Once You Receive Notification
- For a few years now, OCC has given everyone the option of paying online and printing labels which have a barcode on them. When those codes are scanned, OCC will track the box for you and you’ll receive an email after delivery on where your boxes were sent.
- Map a possible journey your box took from your home to the country of destination.
Join me in sending a box of Hope to a child around the world and learn a little culture and geography at the same time. We still have time to fill boxes and make the collection week in mid-November. It’s easy to find a collection point near you. Thanks for another fun Hopscotch series!