What started out as a racing box for I-5 turned into a Superhero Adventure for our boy!
Do you have any idea how messy oil pastels are for a lefty?? Here is the finished product green clouds and all! That’s the joker in his copter flying over Gotham city. The symbol high in the night sky- we need you Batman!!
- sticker and coloring book time
- super hero quests- mostly I’ve come up with reading quests. I have a good stock of post it notes that will that I will put around the house and he will have to dress up as a hero and read the words in order to complete the quest.
- model magic/play doh time- he can make as many batman and superman symbols as he wants!
- books- for his birthday he’s getting a small stack of superhero books. We have one on the Flash which has all kinds of facts about speed. He’s getting four more a lot like it so we’ll be busy reading a lot.
- Still a work on progress- I’ll update as I come up with more ideas. If you have any feel free to comment!
I should add a note about my coupon system– the materials for each of these boxes is in a large ziploc bag inside their regular school boxes. The box gets added to throughout the summer and if there is something that I have that does not fit in the box or is an activity that needs my supervision, when I load the boxes for that week (renew the materials or add a new item) I will put a coupon for the large item or activity in the bag instead. They can redeem the coupon when they want to do that thing.